Australia: Unit Convenor

< Previous | Next >

ayed

Arabic(Saudi)
Hello,folks..

Context: An Australian University

A unit convenor is a person who works as coordinator between a student and a college if I am not mistaken.A task of his is to take Absence Form from a student after being filled out with reasons of absence or ill or whatever that excuse is ..
Anyone could add more information about this person's tasks?

Waiting your help..
Thanks
Ayed

Last edited:
  • cycloneviv

English - Australia
    As someone who last studied at an Australian university in 1994, I have to say I have never heard of the job title. I just asked my dad, who until a few months ago was a lecturer at Curtin University of Technology here in Perth, and he has never heard of the term either. A search of Curtin's website reveals the position "convenor" comes up, but not in the phrase "Unit Convenor".

A quick Google search shows that some Australian universities do use this job title, but I can't find a handy definition for you. Perhaps wait for other Australian forum members who might be able to give you more information!

Sorry to be of so little help.

ayed

Arabic(Saudi)
    As someone who last studied at an Australian university in 1994, I have to say I have never heard of the job title. I just asked my dad, who until a few months ago was a lecturer at Curtin University of Technology here in Perth, and he has never heard of the term either. A search of Curtin's website reveals the position "convenor" comes up, but not in the phrase "Unit Convenor".

A quick Google search shows that some Australian universities do use this job title, but I can't find a handy definition for you. Perhaps wait for other Australian forum members who might be able to give you more information!

Sorry to be of so little help.
    Thank you,cycloneviv,for your comment.
    Frankly, I consider your passing right here as though you had answered my question.:)
    Thanks
    Ayed

< Previous | Next >