Autonomous work or independent work

sitarama22

Colombian Spanish
Hi there!

I was translated "Trabajo Autonomo" and i found two different words, so i dont know which it is better.... I found Independet work and Autonomous work, which is the better to use in this case..... the context is about " trabajo Autonomo " in the university.

thanks!
pd. i also would like to know how can i used them.... maybe for the future in other wirting!!!

• Sandy_Bella

EsPaÑoL (CaTrACHO)
    Hi there!

I was translated "Trabajo Autonomo" and i found two different words, so i dont know which it is better.... I found Independet work and Autonomous work, which is the better to use in this case..... the context is about " trabajo Autonomo " in the university.

thanks!
    pd. i also would like to know how can i used them.... maybe for the future in other wirting!!!
    Posdata= postscript P.S.

arosa

Spanish - Spain
    Depende de la situación. Si se trata de un alumno o alumna que está realizando algún tipo de estudio para el que no hay una clase concreta, pero por el que recibe créditos, podrías decir "independent study". Si se trata de un trabajador que trabaja para la universidad pero no es un asalariado de la misma puede ser freelance, self-employed...

sitarama22

Colombian Spanish
    the context is a student who has a class at the university, but that class is only 4 hours per week, so at home he has to do the double of hours, 8 hours, that will be.....

thanks!!

cal aggie

USA - English
    I would call that "independent study." "Autonomous" literally means "self governing" while "independent" in this context would mean something like "without outside assistance." In a university context, "independent" is much more commonly used for this situation.

< Previous | Next >