Autorizo a radicarse de manera permanente

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by Mafaldagala, Jun 25, 2012.

  1. Mafaldagala Senior Member

    Argentina, Español
    Hello! I´m translating a legal document for a relative in the USA that needs to present it to legal authorities there. It is the authorization for his child to stay (live) here in Argentina. The text is as follows:

    I, (Name of my relative) authorize (name of his son) to permanently reside (or settle ???) in Argentina...

    What do you think? Is it ok? I´m worried that the authorities reject my translation for not using the right legal terminology :-S That´s why I really need your expert opinion!

    Thank you so much!
  2. aacker02 Member

    English - California
    "permanently reside" sounds fine to me, as a "permanent resident" is a term used in legal discourse. If you have doubts about what the authorities are looking for, you should directly contact the appropriate organization in the US!
  3. Anwar Boylston Senior Member

    New York
    U.S.A.; English
    Permanently reside sounds OK. You might also consider "Establish domicile."
  4. David

    David Banned

    A minor would not "establish domicile." I would use "I authorize my son Niño Bonito Gonzales-Ruiz to reside permanently in Argentina."

Share This Page