auxiliary and scattering host

< Previous | Next >

chris0129

Polish
I have among the tribe of the Fullan a body of men in the land who run and hasten to defend the religion of Allah. Dearer to them than their house, and family, and souls is the religion of Allah, who is mighty! Whenever they see infidelity and rebellion against their Lord, they resist, and go aside from every impious person. And I have some of the men of Allah in the land, and also of the angels, as an auxiliary and a scattering host. . .

Could you be so kind and explain to me the last sentence? Are there men of Allah and angels, who can help receive guests?

• chris0129

Polish
    It's from "The Storied-City" by Charlie English (a book about Timbuktu); I suppose entangledbank got it right, and now it makes more sense to me:)

Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    This is in a book published only a month ago, but it seems to be in a very archaic style of language. I can only assume that Charlie English is quoting another source, perhaps an Arabic speaker who used Quranic vocabulary???

"The angels, as an auxiliary and a scattering host" probably means "an army of angels who will help us by scattering our enemies"

< Previous | Next >