aver avuto l'opportunità

< Previous | Next >

gabboshow

Italian
Salve a tutti dovrei tradurre la seguente frase:

"è stato anche per me un piacere aver avuto l'opportunità di venire a conoscenza di un ambiente così stimolante..."

mio tentativo:

"it was a pleasure also for me have been having the opportunity to come to know such a stimulating environment..."

grazie per l'aiuto
Gab

• Holymaloney

English (UK) / Italian - bilingual
    Salve a tutti dovrei tradurre la seguente frase:

"è stato anche per me un piacere aver avuto l'opportunità di venire a conoscenza di un ambiente così stimolante..."

mio tentativo:

"it was a pleasure also for me have been having the opportunity to come to know such a stimulating environment..."

grazie per l'aiuto
    Gab
    Hi :)!
    I'd suggest:
    '...it was a pleasure also for me to have had the opportunity to get to know/be part of such a stimulating environment...'
    Plenty of room for improvement....
    Cheers ;)

gabboshow

Italian
    Hi Charles,
    I had an interview for a phd position and I really liked the university and the working environment, but I don't like to write "such stimulating working environment"

Thanks in advance Charles

Last edited:

You little ripper!

Australian English
    Gabboshow, translating that literally doesn't work too well in my opinion. Even 'to be part of', which sounds better in English, doesn't really work in this context because you'll only be a part of it when you start working there. Maybe .......it was a pleasure also for me to have had the opportunity to experience such a stumulating environment. :)

gabboshow

Italian
    Thank you Charles!!!

I like "it was a pleasure also for me to have had the opportunity to experience such a stumulating environment"

Btw Is the rest of the letter ok for you?
    I know that is pretty long but I'll appreciate a lot if you could correct or simply mark expressions that don't sound good for you...

Have a nice day

You little ripper!

Australian English
    Thank you Charles!!!

I like "it was a pleasure also for me to have had the opportunity to experience such a stumulating environment"
    Holymaloney may come up with something better, now that we have context. (Hi Hm :))

Btw Is the rest of the letter ok for you?
    I know that is pretty long but I'll appreciate a lot if you could correct or simply mark expressions that don't sound good for you...
    Gabboshow, proofreading isn't allowed here. You may want to start a new thread for the sections you're not sure about (a separate thread for each one - as you've done here) and I'm sure you'll get lots of help. :)

< Previous | Next >