avessi avuto

< Previous | Next >

Taniaa

Italia, Italiano
Please, help me out with this translation... I have still some problems with the syntax construction as well as with some verbal forms.

Io pensavo fosse ingiusto portare alla prima lezione i miei compiti da correggere, come se avessi avuto delle lezioni private precedenti.

I thought (that) was unfair bring my homework to rectify at the first lesson, as I have had some personal lessons previously.

• lsp

NY
    US, English
    I thought it was unfair to bring my homework to the first class for corrections (to be corrected), as if I had had previous private lessons.

Lauren415

English, USA
    Taniaa said:
    come se avessi avuto delle lezioni private precedenti.
    I have seen the structure above many times, but with prepositions I become confused. How come there is a "di" before lezioni, why is a preposition necessary and one cannot just say:

come se avessi avuto i lezioni private precedenti

Thanks,
    Lauren

lsp

NY
    US, English
    Lauren415 said:
    I have seen the structure above many times, but with prepositions I become confused. How come there is a "di" before lezioni, why is a preposition necessary and one cannot just say:

come se avessi avuto i lezioni private precedenti

Thanks,
    Lauren
    It's just a way of expressing "some." Vado a comprare del burro. I'm going to buy some butter.

< Previous | Next >