Avis de reception

Eska

English,UK
Hi,

Could somebody tell me what avis de reception means, please?

Is it confirmation upon the receipt of something?

• sunelav

French
    It is a paper that you sign when you get a letter "avec avis de réception" that is sent back to the sender. Thus the sender knows that you did receive what he sent to you.

Is it clear enough ? :) Hope it helps !

Last edited:

laverdure2

However, pay attention to this : un avis de réception pour un email ne signifie pas qu'il a été lu, mais seulement reçu sur un ordinateur, selon le logiciel utilisé ou le service.
    Certains red receipts n'ont pas de valeur légale par exemple.
    Il existe des services gouvernementaux en France dont les read receipts ont valeur légale, les impôts par exemple.
    N.B : ne pas confondre avec les certificats d'authenticité qui identifient les ordinateurs.

franc 91

English - GB
    This is the translation that I have given so far:
    Unfortunately up till now we haven't received any abstracts for the conference. This may be due to technical problems concerning our internet connection. So may I ask those of you who have already taken the trouble of trying to send in their abstracts to try again and send it to (our e-mail address)....accompagné d'un avis de réception.....

laverdure2

sorry, I didn't pay attention. :eek:

Well, in that case to be really sure, I would say more a return-receipt, cause you seem to have problems before. But I've read the link you put and I don't know if it's available with all software (not mentionned). Perhaps some of your correspondant won't be able to send a return-receipt.

Do you need legal proof ?
    I'm afraid this is not really helping you...

franc 91

English - GB
    No it's simply that the emails haven't been coming in and the person I am translating for wants a means of checking that her colleagues are communicating with her. There's an important international conference coming later in the year and so far no one has sent abstracts for it.

laverdure2

So I should take the return-receipt to be really sure. And add something about the automatic options, because sometimes people can use a software which automatically answer when they're on vacation for instance.
    You can also ask the emails to be sent with a high priority degree...

< Previous | Next >