avocándose

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by ROSY MARTINEZ, Mar 17, 2006.

1. ROSY MARTINEZ

ROSY MARTINEZ Senior Member

Hola, chicos buenos dias,
    alguien sabra como se traduce Avocandose, dice asi:

Avocandose al conocimiento de la presente causa los señores Vocales Superiores que suscriben.

Avocandose to the knowledge of the present cause the undersigned Superior Members.

Si alguien por favor me puede corregir, Rosy

2. lafert Senior Member

at the edge
    Spanish Uruguay
    Avocandose to the knowledge of the present cause the undersigned Superior Members.

Dedicating herself/himself to the....

3. ROSY MARTINEZ

ROSY MARTINEZ Senior Member

Thanks, Rosy

4. Pablo de los EU Senior Member

English, US
    Bueno, aunque no lo entiendo completamente, aqui hay una explicacion de la palabra "avocar" de la Real Academia Española.

avocar-

Dicho de una autoridad gubernativa o judicial: Atraer a sí la resolución de un asunto o causa cuya decisión correspondería a un órgano infericho de una autoridad gubernativa o judicial: Atraer a sí la resolución de un asunto o causa cuya decisión correspondería a un órgano inferior.

Si esto te ayuda, y me lo puedes explicar, lo aperciaría. Gracias.

5. lafert Senior Member

at the edge
    Spanish Uruguay
    Avocar, de vocación, en este caso me parece
    with a vocation

6. JB

JB Senior Member

Santa Monica, CA, EEUU
    English (AE)
    Mi Diccionario de Términos Legales de Robb dice:
    Avoocarse el conocimiento: To take over the case from a lower court.
    I don't think this is the same as appealing, but rather one in which the jurisdiction is transferred to a higher court.

I do not do much legal work. I am not sure how this helps your translation. Maybe it means that the individuals agrree to have the case moved to a higher court.

No sé si esto le ayuda, especialmente porque empezó este hilo hace meses. Yo ando muy despacito. Disculpe.

7. dauda98 Senior Member

United States
    The sentence is not easy b/c we do not have a verb for this. So you're going to have to aim for the meaning. The first thing I would do is flip the sentence around (I hope that you posted the complete sentence and not a fragment of it).
    How about this:
    The senior members do hereby sign that this case be assigned to a higher court.

Remember that Superior members is not the same as in spanish, in english has a literal meaning
    (= excelent, incredible, better).