avoir la chair de poule

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by alok, Aug 5, 2013.

  1. alok Member

    pourrait quelqu'un m'expliquer le sens de cette phrase :"avoir la chair de poule"

    merci par avance
  2. Michelvar

    Michelvar quasimodo

    Marseille - France
    French from France

    Cela veut dire "to get / have goosebumps".
  3. Keith Bradford

    Keith Bradford Senior Member

    Brittany, NW France
    English (Midlands UK)
    Or goose-pimples, as we say in Britain.
  4. Pedro y La Torre Senior Member

    English (Ireland)
    Interesting. I've never heard this, perhaps due to the fact that American television has swept away the older form. I've always said "goosebumps".
  5. sound shift

    sound shift Senior Member

    Derby (central England)
    English - England
  6. Uncle Bob Senior Member

    British English
    I would have to guess at the meaning of "goosebumps" so perhaps I don't watch enough American television!
  7. Pedro y La Torre Senior Member

    English (Ireland)
    I've no idea whether it is representative, but this (UK) forum indicates that bumps and pimples are used in roughly equal frequency.

Share This Page