Azzardare un commento

< Previous | Next >

Ali31082

Italian
Hi everybody,

How would you translate the Italian "azzardare un commento" into English?

As it does not simply mean "to comment", in my pinion it might be " TO DARE A COMMENT", but as I am not a native speaker, this is just my own attempt.

Let me know if there exists anything in English that is likely to imply the idea of AZZARDARE UN COMMENTO.

Thanks.

• Ali31082

Italian
    It's part of a story...the idea is that a man wants to say something to a famous person and he is feeling a bit unconfident, that is why he is hazarding a comment. Do you think this is the right option for this context?

Thanks a lot for writng me

joanvillafane

U.S. English
    I agree with "venture a comment" but since we are still awaiting a sentence and context (and whether it's meant to be polite or otherwise), I'm withholding final judgment. ;)

Ali31082

Italian
    Dear Joan,

I am sorry I haven't given you a more precise sentence/ or context but this is due to the fact that I am not translating anything.
    I need this definition because I am correcting a story written in English by an Italian student therefore, as I have understood what the student intended to say in Italian, I was only trying to get the best solution in English for the Italian "azzardare un commento". That's it! I am sorry I cannot add anyhing more.

Thanks for everybody for your advice.
    Ali

< Previous | Next >