back hug

< Previous | Next >
  • Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    The phrase isn't mentioned anywhere in the text (which appears to have been written by a native speaker of English), and Googling turns up nothing more than a hug from behind someone. How the use of the phrase in that title connects with anything in the article is a mystery to me.

esl101

Portuguese
    The phrase isn't mentioned anywhere in the text (which appears to have been written by a native speaker of English), and Googling turns up nothing more than a hug from behind someone. How the use of the phrase in that title connects with anything in the article is a mystery to me.
    Thanks. Have you heard the phrase before? If so, is my interpretation correct?

owlman5

English-US
    I think I found the relevant sentence, esl101: They bantered on stage after the movie screening, and Keiko even teased fans about a back hug she and Sho shared in the movie.

A "back hug" means "a hug from behind", which is what you thought it meant. :)

esl101

Portuguese
    I think I found the relevant sentence, esl101: They bantered on stage after the movie screening, and Keiko even teased fans about a back hug she and Sho shared in the movie.

A "back hug" means "a hug from behind", which is what you thought it meant. :)
    Thank you.

< Previous | Next >