background chorus

Huda

arabic-Egypt
Please help me.
Would anyone please help me understand and translate "background chorus" in the following context. This text is excerpted from Digital Sociology which is edited by Kate Orton-Johnson and Nick Prior:

Rose leads a genre of theorising in which mediated discourse, not interpersonal relationships, powerfully shapes selves, and which, therefore, has no need to itemise a distinction between an inner circle of intimate ‘significant others’ and the ‘background chorus’.

Is it كورس خلفي? I can't understand its meaning either.

Thanks in advance.

• Abbe

Swedish
    Significant others are people who have a strong influence on a person and the background chorus are people who don't have a strong influence.

I think that this text might be very difficult to translate unless you have basic knowledge about sociological theory and concepts.

Huda

arabic-Egypt
    Significant others are people who have a strong influence on a person and the background chorus are people who don't have a strong influence.

I think that this text might be very difficult to translate unless you have basic knowledge about sociological theory and concepts.
    Thank you very much.

< Previous | Next >