bagsie (dibs, bags)

Achaemenid

Persian
Hello,

What does the word bagsie mean in these senteces?
Bagsie being policeman!
I bagsie the front seat in the car!

Thank you all,

• Uncle Jack

British English
    Although the dictionary and many of the previous threads say "bags", the word I almost always used was "bagsie", which was not a contraction of "bags I": "Bagsie I sit in the front seat". "Bags" was occasionally used, in more 'formal' situations, and sometimes "bag"; the conjugation might at times be somewhat irregular :). It is only really used by children.

Incidentally, the explanation in the dictionary Myridon links to is wrong:
    Bags I sit in the front seat! (= I said I wanted to do it first, so I should do it, not you.)
    This is present tense, so the meaning is "I am first to say "bags" so I claim the right to do it, not you". "Bag"/"bags"/"bagsie" can only be used where there isn't a prior claim.

Uncle Jack

British English
    Bagsie being policeman!
    Just in case this one puzzles some people, this appears to be related to a children's game in which one person plays being a policeman, and the children are deciding who will play what role. There could possibly be more than one policeman; "bagsie" isn't always used for a unique possibility, although it usually is.

Roxxxannne

American English (New England and NYC)
    American English usage would be calling "dibs".
    Also 'I dib':
    'I call dibs on that piece of pie.' = I dib that piece of pie.' = 'I claim that piece of pie.'
    Then your cousin reaches for the piece of pie and you say 'Hey, I dibbed that!' or 'Hey, I have dibs on that!'