bain de fraîcheur

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by UserUsed, Sep 7, 2011.

1. UserUsed New Member

English
    I need to translate the following sentence and am unsure of the meaning of « bain de fraîcheur ».

« Je me moque du noctambule qui n’y trouvera plus le bain de fraîcheur après les plaisirs frelatés de la nuit ».

It seems to be an oldish expression (the quote is from the late 1960s) that has some sexual connotation, but I'm not certain of this.

Many thanks for any help on this!

2. Michelvar

Michelvar quasimodo

Marseille - France
    French from France
    Welcome UserUsed!

Do you have some context? What do they speak about?

3. UserUsed New Member

English
    It's about the destruction of the Halles market in the late 1960s and the changes that affected the neighborhood as a result.

4. Michelvar

Michelvar quasimodo

Marseille - France
    French from France
    Ok then, so I don't think it's a sexual connotation. It's a place with a lot of people working very early in the morning, with a real athmosphere of work. They say that, after a long night of alcohol, sex, drug, it can be quite refreshing to go and have a breakfast with average clean working people, in the middle of fish, vegetables and fruits going to be sold.

5. UserUsed New Member

English
    Thanks. Could you suggest an appropriate English translation? How about "...the night owl who will no longer find reinvigoration / refreshment after the dubious pleasures of the night"?