Baker Act

Discussion in 'Medical Terminology' started by Songbird17, Feb 4, 2013.

  1. Songbird17 Senior Member

    This has to do with mental health. When a person is depressed or they are, for example bipolar and need to receive attention or they will do themselves harm or have tried to, this is the term used for having the person put into a mental health ward or clinic for an evaluation and treatment. I believe the name stems from the person in the legislature who put forth this proposed bill which became a law, but I am not sure on the history of this. I only know this is what it is called, both the Act and the procedure.

    I don't know how to say it in Spanish at all and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  2. Clarísima Senior Member

    Oregon, USA
    USA English

Share This Page