This might not be that relevant but baking is a specific way of cooking, without oil, in the oven. Cakes for instance would be baked.
So I would think that bakeware would not be used for roasting/braising and etc.
- containers for cooking in, whether on top of the stove, or in the oven or microwave, etc.
- sub-category of cookware
- containers suitable for the oven, whether plates, casserole dishes, cake tins, etc
- used for roasting, casseroles, as well as baking
- sub-category of ovenware
- containers for baking e.g. cakes, muffins, bread, etc
- does not refer to casserole dishes or plates, etc that are used for other purposes (even though, at a pinch, you could use them for baking)