Bangla: A projection in the middle of each side from the top of the central hill

Md. Saiful Alam

Bangla
Dear Sirs and Madams,

"He discovered the ruins of a square tower of 22 feet side with a projection in the middle of each side from the top of the central hill." I collected the line from 'English for Today' a book for class ten in Bangladesh but it is very hard for me to get the Bangla meaning. Would you mind helping by translating the line into Bangla.

Thank you very much.

Saiful

• Dear Sirs and Madams,

"He discovered the ruins of a square tower of 22 feet side with a projection in the middle of each side from the top of the central hill." I collected the line from 'English for Today' a book for class ten in Bangladesh but it is very hard for me to get the Bangla meaning. Would you mind helping by translating the line into Bangla.

Thank you very much.

Saiful

মাঝখানের পাহাড়ের চূড়া থেকে তিনি একটি ২২ ফুট বাহুবিশিষ্ট বর্গাকার ভূমির মিনারের ধ্বংসাবশেষ আবিষ্কার করেছিলেন, যার প্রতিটি ধার থেকে একটা ক'রে কড়িকাঠের* মতো অংশ বেরিয়ে এসে শূন্যে প্রলম্বিত ছিল।

Firstly, I think the original sentence was phrased a bit confusingly. I assumed it means "From the top of the central hill he discovered the ruins ..."

*The other thing that might be a bit tricky is the word "projection", which in this context I think means a part of the building that stuck out horizontally from the wall of the tower. I hope the expression "কড়িকাঠের মতো অংশ" is descriptive enough, though that is not the technical architectural term for projection, I am sure.

Last edited:
    Back