Bank - St - Nr

marget

Hello,

On a bank statement, I understand Bank and Nr, of course, but I don't know what ST strands for. Can someone help me? I know it's some sort of bank identification number.

Thanks in advance:)

• Marty*

German
    Hello,

On a bank statement, I understand Bank and Nr, of course, but I don't know what ST strands for. Can someone help me? I know it's some sort of bank identification number.
    The German bank identification number is called "Bankleitzahl (BLZ)", so I don't think that "St-Nr." is a bank number. The only "St-Nr." I know is "Steuernummer" (tax number). Each company has a public tax number that must be given on all invoices, for example.

I agree with elroy that more context would definitely be helpful.
    However, I don't think it's "street number" because we usually don't call it "Straßennummer" but "Hausnummer" and the abbreviation for "Straße" is "Str.".

marget

The German bank identification number is called "Bankleitzahl (BLZ)", so I don't think that "St-Nr." is a bank number. The only "St-Nr." I know is "Steuernummer" (tax number). Each company has a public tax number that must be given on all invoices, for example.

I agree with elroy that more context would definitely be helpful.
    However, I don't think it's "street number" because we usually don't call it "Straßennummer" but "Hausnummer" and the abbreviation for "Straße" is "Str.".

Tax number seems appropriate here, thanks!:)

< Previous | Next >