Bar tack (textil)

Discussion in 'Specialized Terminology' started by belengauto, Jun 27, 2013.

  1. belengauto Member

    Paraguayan Spanish
    Hola a todos!

    Estoy "intentando" traducir un manual de costura y en reiteradas ocasiones me encuentro con el término bar tack. Aquí va un ejemplo:

    "Bows must be secured at the center of the garment with a bar tack on all children's sizes."

    Según wikipedia, Bar tack is a series of hand or machine made stitches used for reinforcing areas of stress on a garment, such as pocket openings, bottom of a fly opening or buttonholes. It consists of a series of close-setzig-zag stitches (machine) or whip stitches (hand), usually 1/16"-1/8" in width and 1/4"-3/8" in length. In denim jeans, it is often in a contrasting color, such as orange or white.

    Entiendo que es un tipo de costura, pero no sé cómo decirlo en español. Ayuda por fa!

  2. araceli Senior Member

    Buenos Aires
    Argentine, Spanish

    Yo conozco ese tipo de punto como atraque, punto de atraque o costura de atraque.

    Espero te sirva.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  3. araceli Senior Member

    Buenos Aires
    Argentine, Spanish

Share This Page