barefoot owners

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Please provide an example sentence and context here, Neostudent. Members should not have to click on a link in order to understand your question or to find context.

Neostudent

Turkish
    Thanks for your guide

Barefoot owners sometimes step on these noxious offerings in the middle of the night. Vomiting an occasional hairball is a perfectly normal occurrence for most cats, but if the wad of hair becomes too massive...

What's about the second question?

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    You haven't provided the source of your quoted text, but it appears to be discussing hairballs in cats, and "barefoot owners" is clearly literal: cat owners who don't have shoes on. That meaning would obviously make no sense in the context you mention at the end of your original post. Have you seen "barefoot owners" or "barefooted owners" used elsewhere with the meaning you are asking about?

[Cross-posted with Glenfarclas]

Neostudent

Turkish
    I wrote a text and by using "barefooted owners" want to denote "poor people" who work for a country and they have nothing, but in reality they are the real owner of that country.

Neostudent

Turkish
    "The barefeet are the real owners of our lands and our society. They are the ones who work, fight and do everything for the community..."

...It's an essay about them and I want to choose that phrase as the title or something else like "Barefoot landlords", "barefooted lords", "the barefooted Masters"...

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    "The barefeet are the real owners of our lands and our society.
    :cross:
    I wrote a text and by using "barefooted owners" want to denote "poor people"
    I am afraid that you are wrong - "barefooted" (and all variations) can only mean "poor" if it is used as a metaphor. Unfortunately, if you use a word as a metaphor, it has to be (i) clear that it is a metaphor, and (ii) clear what the metaphor is. "Barefooted/Barefeet, etc" does not do either. It is certain to be understood literally -> people who, for some reason, do not wear shoes.

And "barefooted owners" could never mean
    ... those people who are really rich but now they are deprived of their assets...

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    You said barefooted means "poor", then if you want to show it as I said how would you do?
    We can't rewrite the sentence for you, Neostudent. If you have another attempt that uses "barefoot" or "barefooted," you can post it here. If you have a question about a different word or phrase, you'll need to start a new thread with it.

< Previous | Next >