Barking up your dreams...it is weird?

erikaeigo

Thai
Hello,

Could you please kindly advise if the phrase ' Barking up your dreams' sounds weird or not..?
It's kind of a slogan of a small tech organization which has a dog logo and name...it sounds weird to me but I'm not a native speaker so I'd like to hear opinions from native English speaker.

Thank you very much!

• Uncle Jack

British English
    My guess is that, with the association of "barking up the wrong tree", "barking up your dreams" is wholly inappropriate as a marketing slogan in any context.

erikaeigo

Thai
    My guess is that, with the association of "barking up the wrong tree", "barking up your dreams" is wholly inappropriate as a marketing slogan in any context.
    Thank you very much for your comments. I totally agree with you. I will reflect to my team :)

erikaeigo

Thai
    Thank you very much for your comments. I totally agree with you. I will reflect to my team :)
    Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm afraid it sounds weird to me too. It instantly brings to mind (my mind at least) the expression 'Barking up the wrong tree' and so doesn't say what I suspect you want to say.

And 'barking' can also mean 'crazy' - 'barking mad'.
    Thank you for your kind explanation. I just found that I have the book named 'Barking up the wrong tree' on my bookshelf lol I will reflect this to my team.

< Previous | Next >