Barve - Slovenian

ASMA_

Arabic - Bahrain
Zdravo ..

I have Question in the Barve .. when can I add ( a ) or ( o ) in the Barve ?

For example : ( Bel ) when can I say ( Bela ) or ( Belo ) ?

Zelo Hvala

• Gavril

English, USA
    If I understand your question correctly, it depends on the gender of the following noun:

bel dom "white house" (masculine)
    bela miza "white table" (feminine)
    belo pero "white feather/pen" (neuter)

The same is true for all the other color adjectives, except the neuter ending is -e when the stem ends in č, š, ž, c or j: for example, rdeč "red", rdeče pero "red pen/feather".

iezik

Slovenian
    The same is true for all the other color adjectives, except the neuter ending is -e when the stem ends in č, š, ž, c or j: for example, rdeč "red", rdeče pero "red pen/feather".

Gavril described the endings for the changeable color words: rdeč, moder, rumen, zelen, vijoličen/vijoličast, oranžen, bel, črn, siv, rjav, zlat, srebrn, bronast, škrlaten, turkizen. These change as most of the other adjectives. Note that sometimes the last vowel is removed when adding a suffix: moder/modra, vijoličen/vijolična, oranžen/oranžna, škrlaten/škrlatna, use dictionary to check for other colours.

The pronunciation of "srebrn" is the same as if it would be spelled "sreberen", but the Slovenian has selected the former spelling. I would usually pronounce it as sre-bə́-rən.

There are also color words that don't change: bež, roza. So the example becomes: roza dom, roza miza, roza pero.