1. sudexpress Senior Member

    How would you say bas de caisse en anglais?
    Voilà la seule photo que j'ai réussi à trouver.


    I think the style of this part of the bodywork (bas de caisse: in the red square) is a bit too exagerated in this pic, but every car is supposed to have a bas de caisse (just what I reckon!).
    Would shielding be alright? Protection something?

  2. cropje_jnr

    cropje_jnr Senior Member

    Canberra, Australia
    English - Australia
    The Grand Dictionnaire Terminologique gives rocker panel, but I would normally refer to this by the admittedly broader term 'body kit'.
  3. t_bag Member

    Salut ,

    Bas de caisse => side skirts
  4. sudexpress Senior Member

    I'm wondering if side skirts is not the BE word and rocker panel the AmE/Aust/Canada. What do you think about that?
  5. yo_adrian_eh

    yo_adrian_eh Member

    UK Born - Live in Canada
    English / French
    "Side skirts" ou plus simplement "skirts". AE rocker panels est la portion du véhicule ou s’attache les "skirts”, une fois installe les rocker panels seront couvert, hors de vue.

Share This Page