based on genetic makeup

Oswinw011

Chinese
1.They insist such a (DNA) databank must come with guarantees that based on genetic makeup, no one be denied employment or insurance.
2.Based on constitutive equations, the investigation of lead-free soldered joints properties underthermal loading become a major concern.

Hi, everyone
I am practising my writing. Are the sentences working ? im not sure about if the place of based on is correct.

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    You are worrying about the right thing. :)
    Put 'guarantees' together with what they guarantee: guarantees that no one be denied employment or insurance.
    That means that 'based on genetic makeup' will be at the end of sentence.
    They insist such a (DNA) databank must come with guarantees that no one will be denied employment or insurance based on genetic makeup.
    Note: I added 'will' because I wouldn't use the subjunctive form in this context.

Oswinw011

Chinese
    You are worrying about the right thing. :)
    Put 'guarantees' together with what they guarantee: guarantees that no one be denied employment or insurance.
    That means that 'based on genetic makeup' will be at the end of sentence.
    They insist such a (DNA) databank must come with guarantees that no one will be denied employment or insurance based on genetic makeup.
    Note: I added 'will' because I wouldn't use the subjunctive form in this context.
    thank you Cagey 👍 how about the second sentence? I was informed by a book that "based on" here modified "the investigation", which was wrong.

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Please start a new thread for your second sentence.

In that thread, explain what you want to say using different words. Do you mean that the equations are the reason for the investigation, or that the equations will be sued in the investigation? Or something else?

Oswinw011

Chinese
    Please start a new thread for your second sentence.

In that thread, explain what you want to say using different words. Do you mean that the equations are the reason for the investigation, or that the equations will be sued in the investigation? Or something else?
    Thanks for reminding me

< Previous | Next >