Basque: One month with you was like one second..

marisobsession

UdSSR, Russian
Again I need some help from you with Basque. You really are awesome for taking time! My friend and I met a month ago and it was one of the best times in my life. I want to write:

"One month with you was like one second - the most valuable second I spent."

I hope it is not too difficult to translate this... I'd be very grateful... :) Thank you!

• jazyk

Brazílie, portugalština
    Segundua bezalako hilabetea zurekin zen - pasatu dudan segundu baliodunena zen.

Jazyk

ezinsinistu

spanish, basque
    Zurekin, hilabete bat segundu bakar bat bezala izan zen. Igaro dudan segundurik onena.
    (I don´t know how to translate valuable in this context. I´ve put it like "the best second...")

jazyk

Brazílie, portugalština
    Hmm... Would anyone enthusiastic enough care to maybe explain me the grammatic components of this sentence? I would love to understand better the syntax of those sneaky basques... ;)

Andreas

If my rendition is right, parsing it would be like:

Segundua - segundu (second) + the article marker a
    bezalako - conjunction like
    hilabetea - hilabete (month) + the article marker a
    zurekin - with you: zure (you) + kin (with)
    zen - past of izan, to be

pasatu - verb in the infinitive, to pass/to spend
    dudan - dut, auxiliary for transitive verbs with singular direct objects + an, a kind of relative pronoun
    segundu - second
    baliodunena - balioduden (valuable) + the article marker a
    zen - see above.

Like this?

Jazyk

illerdi

Basque Country, Euskara
    Segundua bezalako hilabetea zurekin zen - pasatu dudan segundu baliodunena zen.

Jazyk

Sorry Jazyk but the first part is not correct. The second part is not too bad but we don't use "baliodunena" very much.

ezinsinistu's translation is perfect! I also would translate "the most valuable" like "onena".

Hope it helps!