bass-light instrument

deny80

Italian - Italy
The text is about a mic with a frequency response that allows bass frequencies not to shine though.

"Definitely a bad idea if you're miking a bass guitar amp, but fantastic if you're miking a nearby, bass-light instrument and want to avoid bass guitar bleed."

My try:

Decisamente una cattiva idea per microfonare l'amplificatore di un basso, ma ottima se dovete microfonare uno strumento vicino, povero di suoni gravi, e volete evitare che il basso rientri".

Is it right to translate it as "povero di suoni gravi", or is there anything better?

• TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Just some ideas:
    ...se microfoni l'amplificatore...(????)
    ...if you're miking a nearby instrument that has very little bass...
    ...se microfoni uno strumento vicino con meno basso... (??????????)

deny80

Italian - Italy
    Just some ideas:
    ...se microfoni l'amplificatore...(????)
    ...if you're miking a nearby instrument that has very little bass...
    ...se microfoni uno strumento vicino con meno basso... (??????????)

Hi Tim, so I guess it means "with few low frequencies". We use "bassi" (plural) or "frequenze basse". Or better, as in this case the word basso is already in use (to indicate the instrument), I'd rather use "frequenze gravi" as a synonym.

TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Hi Tim, so I guess it means "with few low frequencies". We use "bassi" (plural) or "frequenze basse". Or better, as in this case the word basso is already in use (to indicate the instrument), I'd rather use "frequenze gravi" as a synonym.

Excellent! Thanks!:thumbsup: