bath sheets

< Previous | Next >

jacdac

Lebanese
As soon as he got home, he removed all his clothing and walked naked through his flat to the wet room. For all he knew, he may have stood for hours beneath the scalding shower. He felt numb inside, almost as though he’d been given some drug that quashed all emotion.
He finally turned off the water, stepped from the shower and wrapped himself in two big bath sheets. When his teeth began to chatter, he knew he was going into shock.
Source: Fire on the Fens by Joy Ellis

Hi Native, what is the difference between towels and bath sheets?

Glossary:
wet room:
upload_2018-6-17_10-25-5.jpeg

a wet room is a bathroom in which the shower is open or set behind a single wall, its floor area being flush with the floor of the rest of the room and the water draining away through an outlet set into the floor.

Thank you.

• Uncle Jack

British English
    Do people actually call them "bath sheets"? I know shops call them that, to indicate the size, but I've never heard anyone call it a "bath sheet" once it's got home or spread out on the beach.

Last edited:

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    Do people actually call them "bath sheets"? I know shops call them that, to indicate the size, but I've never heard anyone call it a "bath sheet" once its got home or spread out on the beach.
    I don't think so, no: I just call mine "big towels". :D

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    What are soft furnishings? :D And what's the difference? :p

(I'm not really surprised, because "bath sheets" means nothing to me.)

Trochfa

UK
    English - England
    I know of "bath towels" and "bath sheets" but in everyday language I just call big towels "bath towels". [Unless of course you are ordering/buying them and the shop calls them "bath sheets. :rolleyes: :)]

< Previous | Next >