be a pleasure to/ be glad to

< Previous | Next >

bernar3

Spanish, Spain
Hello,

What do you think that sounds better "It will be a pleasure to help you/ I will be glad to help you"? It is a business-related letter and I want it to sound formal.

I am at your disposal for whatever you may need. Please do not hesitate to ask me, it will be a pleasure/I will be glad to help you and make your stay with your family as nice as possible.

Thanks

• Dimcl

Canadian English
    If you specifically want it to sound formal, I would use "It will be a pleasure".

On a different matter, your sentence structure isn't quite correct. Either your second (last) sentence should not be all strung together as you've done it or it needs to be restructured.

As well, I'm not sure what you mean by "make your stay with your family as nice as possible". Perhaps I don't understand the context but how can you make his stay with his family nice?

Here's how I might change it (slightly):

"I am at your disposal for whatever you may need. Please do not hesitate to ask, as it will be a pleasure to assist you to make your stay with your family as nice as possible."

bernar3

Spanish, Spain
    The context is: a company receiving a new employee from a different country. A person of the company is offering to help the employee and his family with any needs/problems they might have as they do not speak the language... so the person of the company would make his stay with his family as nice as possible.

But probably there is a better way of saying it. Any piece of advice? Thank you!

Dimcl

Canadian English
    Ah, now I understand. In that case, I would say:

"I am at your disposal for whatever you may need. Please do not hesitate to ask, as it will be a pleasure to assist you and your family in making your stay as nice as possible."

< Previous | Next >