1. WillieTheSkimo

WillieTheSkimo Senior Member

España - Catalunya
    Español - Català
    The sentence is:

" I will be dead on your ass as Spencer for fucking hire!! "

Any good translation for the idiom " be dead on your ass"?

My firts guess is " Te estaré comiendo el culo como el puto Spencer, detective privado",
    but, as you might know, "comer-le el culo a alguien" might have some sexual connotations
    which wouldn't suit the context of the movie I am translating this sentence for, at all.

Thanks a lot beforehand to all of you :D :D :D

2. jedi5384

jedi5384 Senior Member

Delaware, USA
    American English
    Well, "Spenser for Hire" was a TV show about a detective, so you're right about that reference. And "be dead on your ass" sounds to me like a stronger way of saying "be on you" or "be all up on you" similar to this: http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=1566399 but without the sexual connotation.

So maybe something like "te voy a perseguir como..."

3. WillieTheSkimo

WillieTheSkimo Senior Member

España - Catalunya
    Español - Català
    Hey, jedi!
    Thanks a lot!!! (again :D)

Yes, well. I think that the "standard" translation for it, as you said, in this " perseguir"-sense, would be
    " Voy ir detrás tuyo como (x)", but I was looking for a more attractive, informal, even "slanguish" way to say in spanish.

Maybe it doesnt exist...

4. jedi5384

jedi5384 Senior Member

Delaware, USA
    American English
    Maybe another native Spanish speaker can help you come up with a better way to say it in Spanish. But if it helps, another similar way to say it in English is "come after you" or "go after you".