Be raptured into the kingdom of heaven/be raised into the kingdom of heaven

John Kent

Korea - English
HI, guys!

In this sentence, "many believers in the Lord are looking forward to the day when they will be raised/raptured into the kingdom of heaven." I want to know whether "raised into" and "raptured into" convey the same meaning. Thanks!

Last edited:
  • natkretep

Moderato con anima (English Only)
    English (Singapore/UK), basic Chinese
    Rapture has a more specific meaning, but in the context of your sentence, be raptured and be raised are interchangeable . See Wikipedia:
    In Christian eschatology the rapture refers to the predicted end time event when all Christian believers—living and resurrected dead—will rise into the sky and join Christ for eternity.
    Rapture - Wikipedia

John Kent

Korea - English
    Rapture has a more specific meaning, but in the context of your sentence, be raptured and be raised are interchangeable . See Wikipedia:
    OK, then, if I change it to "they will be raised into God's throne," does it sound natural?

natkretep

Moderato con anima (English Only)
    English (Singapore/UK), basic Chinese
    The expression that you use will depend on your theology. I will say that 'raised into God's throne' does not make a lot of sense to me. If we accept that the throne belongs to God, why are believers in God's throne?

< Previous | Next >