beach body

< Previous | Next >

La Lele

Spanish - Argentina
Hi everybody
I need ideas from you to translate the following expression: "Show off that beach body". The context is an ad about dieting and enjoying a new figure after loosing lots of pounds. I understand that the idea is to show off a perfect body, a toned body, but how can we put it in Mexican Spanish? Here in Argentina we say 'un cuerpo privilegiado', 'un cuerpo escultural'. Any ideas? Thanks a lot:idea:

• La Lele

Spanish - Argentina
    Thank you divina, I like your idea, but the expression needs to be applied to both women AND men, so I'm not sure it will be a very appropriate translation for men. Any other ideas???

kuleshov

Spain Spanish
    In Spain we say un cuerpo danone because there was a skimmed yogurt commercial which minted the term for both men and women. I don't think people outside Spain would understand the term.

kuleshov

Spain Spanish
    Mind you, it's a very old commercial. But people still use the term nowadays.
    An updated term would be un cuerpo fibrado

gengo

American English
    An image search for the literal translation "cuerpo de playa" gets plenty of relevant hits. I also find plenty of text citations such as the following.

Liposucción Vaser Ultrasónica: estás a tiempo de lucir cuerpo de playa. Aún queda tiempo suficiente como para quitarte de encima esos pequeños michelines que te afean la figura y que no se eliminan con la dieta.

< Previous | Next >