Beards and curls

DDT

Italy - Italian
Hi girls and boys, ladies and gentlemen, ...

Does the expression "Don't get your beard in a curl about it" make any sense to you?

DDT

• Focalist

European Union, English
    DDT said:
    Hi girls and boys, ladies and gentlemen, ...

Does the expression "Don't get your beard in a curl about it" make any sense to you?

DDT
    I've never heard it before, but I would guess it almost certainly means: "Don't get over-excited / Don't get yourself all worked up about it", i.e. "Calm down".

Another "picturesque" way of saying this, in British English at least, is: "Don't get your knickers in a twist".

F

DDT

Italy - Italian
    Well, I guess I'll pickle my beard while curling my altimeter, right after getting my knickers in a twist!!!?! :D :D :D

Thanks a million,

DDT

Sharon

United States, English
    Focalist, the American "picturesque" way is "Don't get your panties in a bunch." :p
    DDT, you are going to be a busy man. :D

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Certainly not intended to follow up on Sharon's image, er, um, that is to say the verbal image presented in quotes by Sharon, is that old standard, "Don't get too hot and bothered about it." On the other hand, if my altimeter were curled during final approach, IFR conditions, things could get rather hairy.

DDT, Where on earth did you get that grand opener? Hi boy and girls, ladies and gentlemen....? Haven't heard that since Hector was a pup.

saludos,
    Cuchufléte

< Previous | Next >