beaver (vulgar for pubic hair)

dn88

Polish
Hi everyone;

Can you think of any Polish vulgar term referring to a woman's pubic hair? Something similar to "beaver" in English. I can't find any right now...

Input appreciated :)

• littleone

Usa
    I don't really think the word you're looking for exists. You would say "wlosy lonowe", but that's very neutral.

slowik

Polish
    A term pęknięty jeż - broken hedgehog recently emerged in limited circles, mostly teenagers, but it is not understood by many people, even by teenagers. It came from a song by polish rapper Tede.
    It's kind of clever in my opinion ;)

.Jordi.

polonès
    Hi everyone;

Can you think of any Polish vulgar term referring to a woman's pubic hair? Something similar to "beaver" in English. I can't find any right now...

Hej,

myślę, że to samo słowo (,,bóbr'') funkcjonuje w polszczyźnie :). Wystarczy wpisać w wyszukiwarce np. ,,golenie bobra" albo ,,golić bobra" i trochę tego jest :). Inna sprawa, że ja bym tego terminu akurat nie uznał za wulgarny, co najwyżej za, hmm, rubaszny :).

Pozdrawiam :))

dn88

Polish
    Hej,

myślę, że to samo słowo (,,bóbr'') funkcjonuje w polszczyźnie :). Wystarczy wpisać w wyszukiwarce np. ,,golenie bobra" albo ,,golić bobra" i trochę tego jest :). Inna sprawa, że ja bym tego terminu akurat nie uznał za wulgarny, co najwyżej za, hmm, rubaszny :).

Thanks for that!

I didn't know that the animal's name is also used in Polish in this sense. :p

Thanks to everyone. :)

Również pozdrawiam!

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    Hi everyone;

Hi,

Dn88, is the English term used to refer to only pubic female hair?

I looked it up in a few dictionaries and it seems it implies female's (hairy) genitails.

Here are a few entries:
    7. Slang (vulgar).
    a. a woman's pubic area.
    http://www.infoplease.com/dictionary/beaver

5. taboo term: a highly offensive term for a woman's outer sex organs and pubic hair ( taboo )
    http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861589573/definition.html

4usually vulgar : the pudenda of a woman
    http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=beaver

another word for vagina or pussy
    That bitch got a hairy beaver.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=beaver

If this is what you are looking for, how about: kuciapa?

Tom

kelt

Czech Republic, Czech
    Thanks for that!

I didn't know that the animal's name is also used in Polish in this sense. :p

Thanks to everyone. :)

Również pozdrawiam!

Hey,

its also "bobr" in Czech. I knew about English beaver, but not that its used in this sense also in Polish...

Do you have any idea what's the reason for using that to refer to woman's pubic hair? I know a beaver is a furry animal, but why beaver? Am I missing something? I asked my friends, they all know the word in this sense but no one knew why.

Thanx

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    Hej,

Hm... szczerze mówiąc to pierwszy raz się spotykam z tym słowem w tym znaczeniu...
    Zrobiłem małe szukanko i słowo raczej nie jest częste:
    "Golenie bobra" Wyniki 71 - 78 spośród 78 w języku polski
    "golić bobra" Wyniki 11 - 11 spośród 11 w języku polski
    Wahałbym się czy użyć go jako tłumaczenie...

dn88

Polish
    It doesn't have to be a common expression, a slang term will do. :) Thank you for all your replies. :)

Hi,

Dn88, is the English term used to refer to only pubic female hair?

I looked it up in a few dictionaries and it seems it implies female's (hairy) genitails.

I dare to claim it can mean either, so the whole organ with the hair as well.

Hal1fax

Canada, English
    Hi everyone;

I have never heard the term 'beaver' used referring to that....maybe it's American or British English?