became into the most + she was choice in order to + of millions of

daiza29

spanish
it is correct?

Few years later Shakira became into the most famous singer of Latinoamerica. Now she is so well known around of world. that she was choice in order to sing in front of millions of people in the 2006 World Cup.

please correct!!!!!!!

• nieva

U.S. English
    it is correct?

Few years later Shakira became into the most famous singer of Latinoamerica. Now she is so well known around of world. that she was choice in order to sing in front of millions of people in the 2006 World Cup.

please correct!!!!!!!
    A few years later Shakira became the most famous singer in Latin America. Now she is so well-known worldwide that she was chosen to sing in front of millions of people in the 2006 World Cup.

Choice vs. chosen works the same in English as in Spanish--if you say "was ____" you have to use the participle. (Elegir-->elegido) It's a passive construction.

elcielo

USA English
    it is correct?

please correct!!!!!!!
    A few years later Shakira became involved with the most famous singer in LA. Now she is so well known around the world that she was chosen to sing in front of millions of people in the 2006 World Cup.

saludos

WongFeiHung

USA English
    Hm, "involved with" might be good if we were talking about her collaborating with another singer, but I think the corrections by nieva are the best for what daiza29 wants to say - "A few years later, Shakira became the most famous singer in Latin America ...."

nieva

U.S. English
    Wait, was Shakira dating (estaba enamorada) the most famous singer in Latinoamerica, or had she herself become (se hizo) the most famous singer? I don't know her history that well; my correction assumes it was she herself who was famous.

dan_alumno

English, learning Spanish
    it is correct?

please correct!!!!!!!

A few years later Shakira became the most famous singer in Latin America, now she is so well-known all around the world that she was chosen to perform in front of millions of people in the 2006 World Cup

Dan

elcielo

USA English
    Hola daiza

Nieva es correcto. By "into" I thought you wanted to say she was in a new relationship (novio). But I see now you wanted to say "she became the most famous singer...".

saludos

< Previous | Next >