Because I enjoy symbolic aesthetic expression, I may be drawn to the arts in various form

suthanhson

Vietnam
Hello all !
The sentence " because I enjoy symbolic aesthetic expression, I may be drawn to the arts in various form." - Lapid-Bogda G. .
does it like " I like to have a great appearance, so I continuously change my style " in the same meaning ?
thank you

Last edited:
  • owlman5

English-US
    Hello, suthanhson. No, those two sentences don't mean the same thing. The first sentence means that somebody likes art, so that person may be attracted to various types of art. That is a fairly obvious and silly thing to say, but it sounds more impressive when people use fancy phrases like I enjoy symbolic aesthetic expression.

The second sentence means that somebody likes to look good, so that person continuously changes his or her style.

Where did you find these sentences? Are these comments that somebody made on a social media website?

Last edited:

suthanhson

Vietnam
    Hello, suthanhson. No, those two sentences don't mean the same thing. The first sentence means that somebody likes art so that person may be attracted to various types of art. That is a fairly obvious and silly thing to say, but it sounds more impressive when people use fancy phrases like I enjoy symbolic aesthetic expression.

The second sentence means that somebody likes to look good so that person continuously changes his or her style.

Where did you find these sentences? Are these comments that somebody made on a social media website?
    The first sentences is in a book which describe about personality of person. Here is more detail:" I am a sensitive person who finds richness and meaning in authentic relationships with others. *Because I enjoy symbolic aesthetic expression, I may be drawn to the arts in various form*. My artistic sense is for the sophisticated and unique I often feel that other people do not understand me." And the second is my thinking about the first. So I don't think this sentence has that meaning you gave me. How do you think ?

Last edited:

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    Because I enjoy symbolic aesthetic expression, = Because I enjoy expressing myself in, and/or experiencing the expression of, words, actions and designs by the the means of the metaphorical and artistic representation of ideas and objects,

suthanhson

Vietnam
    Because I enjoy symbolic aesthetic expression, = Because I enjoy expressing myself in, and/or experiencing the expression of, words, actions and designs by the the means of the metaphorical and artistic representation of ideas and objects,
    thank you PaulQ, I completely understand it.

< Previous | Next >