because of the pressure on my body and mind for so a long time

Bella1017

Chinese
hi everyone, does the following sentence make sense? Is there any mistake here, if possible, could you help me correct it?

Because of the pressure on my body and mind for so a long time, and work was so stressful, I only weighed a little over 40 kilograms.

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    We can't proofread sentences for errors here, Bella1017. Is there a particular word or phrase in your sentence you think might be incorrect? Also, in what situation would you use this sentence?

Bella1017

Chinese
    We can't proofread sentences for errors here, Bella1017. Is there a particular word or phrase in your sentence you think might be incorrect? Also, in what situation would you use this sentence?

oh sorry, should I change it to:
    Because of the pressure on my body and mind for so a long time, and because work was so stressful, I only weighed a little over 40 kilograms.
    I mean should I add because here?

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    oh sorry, should I change it to:
    Because of the pressure on my body and mind for so a long time, and because work was so stressful, I only weighed a little over 40 kilograms.
    I mean should I add because here?
    Yes. In the first clause you've used "because of" followed by a noun, and in the second you have "because" governing a clause. So grammatically you need the second one.

< Previous | Next >