bee up

< Previous | Next >

Eastt

Georgian
Hello all

What does bee up means in this sentence "You need a bee up your nose to speak Ghiscari properly"

Thanks in advance

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    You have split the sentence wrongly:

"{You need [to have]} {a bee} {up your nose} {[in order] to speak Ghiscari properly"}

Can you now give us the source and context of your example, and explain what 'Ghiscari' is? :thumbsup:

Eastt

Georgian
    You have split the sentence wrongly:

"{You need [to have]} {a bee} {up your nose} {[in order] to speak Ghiscari properly"}

Can you now give us the source and context of your example, and explain what 'Ghiscari' is? :thumbsup:
    Ghiscari is a language in game of thrones

I did not spilt it I copied it from the book

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    I did not split it I copied it from the book
    to split = to divide; to partition; to separate. You did "split it wrongly".

"Bee" and "up" is not a phrase - they are two separate words. You will see, from the way that I split the sentence, that "bee" is the object of "have" and "up your nose" is an adjectival phrase describing "bee".

Imagine a bee that is flying - the sound that it makes is called a "buzz" "A bee buzzes when it flies."
    If you had a bee that was buzzing and it was up (inside) your nose, when you spoke, people would hear your words accompanied by the buzzing sound.

"{You need [to have]} {a bee} {that is up your nose} {if you want to be able to speak Ghiscari properly"}

The speaker is saying that Ghiscari is a difficult language to speak because it is pronounced with a nasal, buzzing tone to the words. (This is probably similar to the noise that you make when you close your mouth and say "nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn" through your nose.)

< Previous | Next >