beer flight

< Previous | Next >

gh07

Spanish Mexico
How would you translate the term "beer flight"?

A beer flight is a number of small beer glasses each holding a different beer. These small samples allow you to try multiple styles/brands of beer in one sitting and in moderate quantities.

What is a Beer Flight?

• allende

Spanish (Spain)/Catalan
    Hi! I know just waht you mean, very popular in breweries here. I never saw this in Spain though... The only thing I can think of is: "degustación de cervezas" but that could be an event, not necessarily the actual object. So maybe you'll have to describe it; something like: vasitos para degustación de cerveza.

I did a search and I did actually find a place in Barcelona! I'll have to go check it out next time I'm there. This is how they describe it in their website:
    ¿Te cuesta decidirte? ¿Por qué no pruebas por 4,50 euros un surtido de 5 vasitos de cerveza de gusto y grados de amargor diferentes? Es una muy buena manera de descubrir el tipo de cerveza que te guste más.

I still thing this is not mainstream in Spain so I'm sure they're copying trends from other countries, like the States.

gh07

Spanish Mexico
    Hi! I know just waht you mean, very popular in breweries here. I never saw this in Spain though... The only thing I can think of is: "degustación de cervezas" but that could be an event, not necessarily the actual object. So maybe you'll have to describe it; something like: vasitos para degustación de cerveza.

I did a search and I did actually find a place in Barcelona! I'll have to go check it out next time I'm there. This is how they describe it in their website:
    ¿Te cuesta decidirte? ¿Por qué no pruebas por 4,50 euros un surtido de 5 vasitos de cerveza de gusto y grados de amargor diferentes? Es una muy buena manera de descubrir el tipo de cerveza que te guste más.

I still thing this is not mainstream in Spain so I'm sure they're copying trends from other countries, like the States.
    Excellent research! I like the term "surtido de vasitos de cerveza". Also in the article, they mentioned the term "PEQUEÑOS JUEGOS DE DEGUSTACIÓN DE CERVEZA ARTESANAL"

Both phrases work for me.

Thanks!

< Previous | Next >