Belarusian: What's the difference between Нішто сабе and Нічога сабе?

Vapor

Chinese Mandarin
I'm trying to learn some basic Belarusian and see the phrase "Нішто сабе", which means "Ничего, Нормально" according to the textbook I use. But I also see elsewhere the phrase "Нічога сабе". What's the difference between these two phrases in terms of meaning and also in terms of usage?

• volat

Belarusian
    You're right, нішто сабе means някепскі, неблагі (някепска, няблага) - not bad.
    In turn Нічога сабе! expresses a strong feeling like surprise or admiration - Wow!

Vapor

Chinese Mandarin
    You're right, нішто сабе means някепскі, неблагі (някепска, няблага) - not bad.
    In turn Нічога сабе! expresses a strong feeling like surprise or admiration - Wow!
    Many thanks! Besides I'm wondering whether "нішто сабе" is the proper answer to the following questions:
    "Што новага?"
    "Як жывеш?"
    "Што чуваць ў вас?" (these are phrases listed in the chapter of "Приветствия и пожелания" of my textbook)

Also, is "Нічога сабе" equivalent to "Ничего себе", "Я в шоке" in Russian?

volat

Belarusian
    Many thanks! Besides I'm wondering whether "нішто сабе" is the proper answer to the following questions:
    "Што новага?"
    "Як жывеш?"
    "Што чуваць ў вас?" (these are phrases listed in the chapter of "Приветствия и пожелания" of my textbook)
    I wouldn't answer "нішто сабе" on question 1 and 3 . But it's good for Як жывеш?
    Also, is "Нічога сабе" equivalent to "Ничего себе", "Я в шоке" in Russian?
    Yes, they are equivalents. "Нічога сабе!" = "Ничего себе!" "Я в шоке!" is more colloquial and informal.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >