Belarusian: What's the difference between Нішто сабе and Нічога сабе?

< Previous | Next >

Vapor

Chinese Mandarin
I'm trying to learn some basic Belarusian and see the phrase "Нішто сабе", which means "Ничего, Нормально" according to the textbook I use. But I also see elsewhere the phrase "Нічога сабе". What's the difference between these two phrases in terms of meaning and also in terms of usage?

• volat

Belarusian
    You're right, нішто сабе means някепскі, неблагі (някепска, няблага) - not bad.
    In turn Нічога сабе! expresses a strong feeling like surprise or admiration - Wow!

Vapor

Chinese Mandarin
    You're right, нішто сабе means някепскі, неблагі (някепска, няблага) - not bad.
    In turn Нічога сабе! expresses a strong feeling like surprise or admiration - Wow!
    Many thanks! Besides I'm wondering whether "нішто сабе" is the proper answer to the following questions:
    "Што новага?"
    "Як жывеш?"
    "Што чуваць ў вас?" (these are phrases listed in the chapter of "Приветствия и пожелания" of my textbook)

Also, is "Нічога сабе" equivalent to "Ничего себе", "Я в шоке" in Russian?

volat

Belarusian
    Many thanks! Besides I'm wondering whether "нішто сабе" is the proper answer to the following questions:
    "Што новага?"
    "Як жывеш?"
    "Што чуваць ў вас?" (these are phrases listed in the chapter of "Приветствия и пожелания" of my textbook)
    I wouldn't answer "нішто сабе" on question 1 and 3 . But it's good for Як жывеш?
    Also, is "Нічога сабе" equivalent to "Ничего себе", "Я в шоке" in Russian?
    Yes, they are equivalents. "Нічога сабе!" = "Ничего себе!" "Я в шоке!" is more colloquial and informal.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >