belief or trust when you want to change something?

< Previous | Next >

apoziopeza

slovak
Hi,
I do not have more context, it is a slide from a presentation on "change" and it shows four words related to change -

Variety
Courage
Belief (trust?)
Foresight

Would you say belief or trust ?
thanks,
A.

• apoziopeza

slovak
    I found the context :))
    Here it is -

Our assignment has driven as to 4 words: The first is Variety – without variety there won´t be any novelty. Then there is Courage - without courage there won´t be anybody who will say or do it first. Without Belief in better future or positive change, the spirit and emotional ginger will be missing. And the last, but not least is Foresight - we need foresight for flexibility and continuous development and innovation

owlman5

English-US
    "Belief" and "trust" mean different things, Apopezia. You can believe something without trusting it. I doubt you can trust something that you don't believe.

PS I just saw your second post. Do you still have any questions about which word to use here?

apoziopeza

slovak
    so I guess the word belief is more appropriate here (because it relates to the future), is that right? thank you very much.

owlman5

English-US
    I think that "belief" works well in your example, Apopezia. :) You can certainly believe something that happened in the past, though. "Belief" is independent of time.

EStjarn

Spanish
    It seems the meaning of 'belief' has a greater affinity with 'change' than 'trust' has. In fact, I'd relate 'trust' with the opposite of change, which is 'stability'.

< Previous | Next >