Bemessungstemperatur

CANAREU

Spanish
Hallo,
Ich sprache kein deutch. Only English and Spanish.
The term "Bemessungstemperatur" is in a technical data sheet of an electronic device. It's translated to English as "Rated Temperature". It gives a temperature value (25ºC), not a range of temperatures.
I would like to find out what it exactly means: Is it the working temperature, or is it the temperature at which the equipment is calibrated?
Danke

• Hi Canareu,
    I found one German webpage, where "Bemessungstemperatur" was defined as maximum temperature for operation, but this might not be the only possible translation. Perhaps you can provide some more context?

Danke, vmrweb.
    Unfortunately Technical Data Sheet are not really giving any further context. They just say:
    - Rated Temperature (Bemessungstemperatur) Tu = 25ºC
    - Ambient Temperature Range (zul. Umgebungstemperatur) Ta = -25...+85ºC
    The electronic component is made by Siemens. It's an inductive sensor (serie BERO 3RG4). I have contacted local customer service from Siemens but up to know we have not been able to clear it up.

"Bemessungsgrösse" oder "Auslegungsgrösse" corresponds to "design value" in English. These are the values which your design will be based on, which do not necessarily have to be rated values.

Last edited:
    On the website of a publisher of engineering textbooks they define:
    Bemessungstemperatur = höchste Temperatur in Grad Celsius, die an der wärmsten Stelle der Kondensatorenoberfläche während des Betriebs nicht überschritten werden darf. (http://www.europa-lehrmittel.de/html/technikredaktion/82-KONDEN.pdf), which means that it is the maximum surface temperature of the object that should not be exceeded (in this case: a condensor). Hope that helps.

On the website of a publisher of engineering textbooks they define:
    Bemessungstemperatur = höchste Temperatur in Grad Celsius, die an der wärmsten Stelle der Kondensatorenoberfläche während des Betriebs nicht überschritten werden darf. (http://www.europa-lehrmittel.de/html/technikredaktion/82-KONDEN.pdf), which means that it is the maximum surface temperature of the object that should not be exceeded (in this case: a condensor). Hope that helps.
    As I see it, you give one specific example of a Bemessungstemperatur but in general, the "Bemessungstemperatur" can be any temperature that you choose to be the basis of your particular design. I explained this in my previous post.

Thank you for your answers.
    I think 25ºC is a really too low max. temperature for an industrial sensor (this is the reason I started this discussion!).
    The explanation that it's a design temperature makes a lot of sense.
    Danke. I will try to confirm with Siemens... If I get the answer I will let you know.
    Vielen Danke!!

Hallo,
    I confirm that "Bemessungstemperatur" (in English "Rated temperature") is used to refer to the temperature at which other parameters of the electronic device are measured. This is the reason why it doesn't define any tolerance at all.
    Vielen Danke!!!

Back