bend ,fold

• Shauneyzboyz

English
    It's a difficult question to answer, as the phrase is poetic and can rarely be translated literally. Even among the non-literal translations, you may find a number of different (and sometimes opposing) meanings.

padredeocho

Banned
    United States
    Hi, everyone:

Sweet beginnings do arise
    She knows I was wrong
    The notes are old
    They bend, they fold

Moderator note: some excess text deleted. Forum rules limit quotations of lyrics to four lines.

(from swing swing)

http://www.lyrics007.com/The%20All-American%20Rejects%20Lyrics/Swing%20Swing%20Lyrics.html

Could you please tell me the meanings of the red parts?

Best wishes.
    The problem with poetry is that you are limited by what rhymes! That's why I normally can't stand it. It is always forced. What is silly about this is that ALL notes bend and fold, new or old! :)

coiffe

USA
    American English
    Hi, everyone:

Sweet beginnings do arise
    She knows I was wrong
    The notes are old
    They bend, they fold

Moderator note: some excess text deleted. Forum rules limit quotations of lyrics to four lines.

(from swing swing)

http://www.lyrics007.com/The%20All-American%20Rejects%20Lyrics/Swing%20Swing%20Lyrics.html

Could you please tell me the meanings of the red parts?

Best wishes.
    Hi hly,

I think along with the "swing, swing, swing" in the song, the notes here probably represent nothing more than the "old song" of the "old affair", the old love song with the lover he's lost. The notes are old, they bend, they fold, / and so does he to a new love. So now there will be a new song with new notes. Simple metaphor. Love is a song you sing.

That's my guess.

maxiogee

Banned
    imithe
    I see a reference to a ribbon-bound bundle of love-letters.
    The letters which were sent have been stored away in the envelopes they arrived in and bound up tightly, and if you take them out and read them they readily bend and fold into the shapes they have been pressed into by time.

hly2004

Banned
    chinese
    Thanks, Maxiogee. I understand. The love letters seem to be folded in a certain way before being put in an envelope.

:)

< Previous | Next >