Benders wheel, grinders carry [hockey]

JuriTerreni

Chinese-China
From TV series Sneaky Pete,

The daughter is going to play a hockey game. The parents are dropping her off at the school. Before she leaves, the mom asks her:
Mom - Excuse me. What's our code?
Daughter - Benders wheel, grinders carry.
So I know what benders and grinders mean in hockey, but what does wheel and carry mean here?
Thank you.

• Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    To wheel means to curve to the left or right, especially in synchronisation. And you know what carry means! If you follow hockey (I guess this is ice hockey?) you can probably guess what it is in this context. I only played goal in field hockey and it's an unhappy memory.

Truffula

English - USA
    Some context that seems to be missing: In ice hockey, a grinder is a player better known for his hard work and checking than his scoring. (wikipedia)
    bender - a hockey player who skates with his or her ankles bent in. (urban dictionary)

No idea if those are correct - are they? And what, Keith, is "carry"?

Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    Carry means to pick something up and go with it, see WRF Dictionary. I can't be expected to know what it means for an ice-hockey player, I'm far too busy. But you seem to know about that sport stuff...:)

rochoje

english
    From TV series Sneaky Pete,

The daughter is going to play a hockey game. The parents are dropping her off at the school. Before she leaves, the mom asks her:
    Mom - Excuse me. What's our code?
    Daughter - Benders wheel, grinders carry.
    So I know what benders and grinders mean in hockey, but what does wheel and carry mean here?
    Thank you.

They are referring to how to carry the hockey bag. "benders pull their bags on the wheels, and grinders ( real players) carry bags"