Bengali: what's this text about?

suslik

Estonia, estonian
Can you tell me what this text is about?
I don't want it to be complitely translated, but just to know what is it about.
It's quite small but maybe you can make it bigger so you can read it...
Thanks to all who help

• linguist786

English, Gujarati & Urdu
    No, I don't speak Bengali I'm afraid. I can just recognise the script.
    I tried enlarging it but it's not possible, so maybe a Bengali speaker may also have some difficulty! Where is the text from anyway (just out of interest)?

Whodunit

Deutschland ~ Deutsch/Sächsisch
    Mohammed, you can save it as a picture on your computer and enlarge it there. I think if a person really knows the Bengali script and is familiar with it, he'll be able to recognize it.

By the way, are you 100% sure that it is the Bengali abugida (አቡጊዳ) and not a Devanagari one? Okay, I'm not that familiar with all of them, but to me the Bengali one looks quite similar to many Devanagari abugida.

panjabigator

Am. English
    I can read Bengali however this font is to tiny for me to make heads or tails of. When I tried to enlarge it, the font got distorted. There are several Bengali posters, although not too active. If you are in dire need, do a search in the member list for these names: Confused linguist, jhorer brishti, capsi. These names are approximations as I really don't remember the exact ones off the top of my head. If you can enlarge it to a legible level, by all means share it with us. I can try and help but my knowledge of Bangla is really elementary.

linguist786

English, Gujarati & Urdu
    By the way, are you 100% sure that it is the Bengali abugida (አቡጊዳ) and not a Devanagari one? Okay, I'm not that familiar with all of them, but to me the Bengali one looks quite similar to many Devanagari abugida.
    Yes, it's definitely Bengali. To somebody who doesn't speak Hindi or Bengali and is not very familiar with them, they would look the same. But the Bengali script is more "intricate" and curvier than Devanagari.

I, personally, can just tell by looking at it.

Interprete

French, France
    Hi,

Other Indian languages use the same script as Bengali, so it might not necessarily be bengali... You'd have to speak the language to make sure.

suslik

Estonia, estonian
    Actually it's bigger in original but it doesn't let me to download it here in original size. But if you give me ur email I can send it in original size...it's much readable this way

panjabigator

Am. English
    The only other languages that I know that use the Bengali script are Assamese and the Chittagong dialect in Bangladesh (which from what I understand is rarely written). Assamese also has some variants, but nothing too different. I would just proceed and say it's Bengali.

< Previous | Next >