Berücksichtigung und Rückbrennen

Martizia

Russland, Russisch
Guten Tag meine liebe Damen und Herren!

Ich versuche eine Auflistung eines Kolloqiums uebersetzen. Und zwei Punkte gelingt mir gan nicht!

Ich wuerde sehr erkenntlich, wenn jemand mir helfen koennte.

Danke schoen im Voraus,

Rueckberennen von sekundaeren Brandschaeden bei Keramiken

und die zweite​

Restaurierung von Bronzen unter Bercksichtigung sekundaerer Beschaedigungen

Englisch ist am besten

Vielen Dank!

mit freundlichem Gruess​

• Ralf

German
    Martizia said:
    Guten Tag meine liebe Damen und Herren!

Ich versuche eine Auflistung eines Kolloqiums zu uebersetzen. (Und) zwei Punkte gelingen mir gar nicht!

Ich wäre sehr dankbar, wenn mir jemand helfen koennte.

Dankeschoen im Voraus,

Rueckberennen (eventuell: Rückbrennen??) von sekundaeren Brandschaeden bei Keramiken
    und die zweite​

Restaurierung von Bronzen unter Berücksichtigung sekundaerer Beschaedigungen

Englisch ist am besten

Vielen Dank!

mit freundlichem Gruess
    Hallo Martizia,

ohne genaueren Zusammenhang ist eine korrekte Übersetzung leider nicht ohne weiteres möglich. Soweit ich die beiden Punkte verstehe, würde ich folgendes vorschlagen:

(1) Smoothburning/Burning-off of secondary (alternatively: secondarily induced) fire damages on ceramics (alternatively: ceramic surfaces)
    (2) Restoration of bronces in respect with secondary damages

Ralf

Martizia

Russland, Russisch
    Ralf said:
    Rueckberennen (eventuell: Rückbrennen?? - ya das stimmt) von sekundaeren Brandschaeden bei Keramiken

und die zweite​

Restaurierung von Bronzen unter Berücksichtigung (ja!) sekundaerer Beschaedigungen

ohne genaueren Zusammenhang ist eine korrekte Übersetzung leider nicht ohne weiteres möglich. Soweit ich die beiden Punkte verstehe, würde ich folgendes vorschlagen:

(1) Smoothburning/Burning-off of secondary (alternatively: secondarily induced) fire damages on ceramics (alternatively: ceramic surfaces)
    (2) Restoration of bronces in respect with secondary damages

Ralf

Ralf, danke schoen fuer die Hilfe. Sie haben mir sehr gut geholfen. Danke schoen fuer Ihre Zeit und Aufmerksamkeit. Ich bin mit zweitem Satz ganz einverstanden. Aber die erste ehrlich gesagt ist nicht so klar.

Aber Danke schoen!
    besten Gruessen!

Ralf

German
    Martizia said:
    Ralf, danke schoen fuer die Hilfe. Sie haben mir sehr gut geholfen. Danke schoen fuer Ihre Zeit und Aufmerksamkeit. Ich bin mit zweitem Satz ganz einverstanden. Aber die erste ehrlich gesagtist nicht so klar.

Aber Danke schoen!
    besten Gruessen!
    Dobroje utro, Martizia,

Here is a slight modification for your second sentence:
    Restoration of bronces in respect with secondary flaws

As to the first one, it simply refers to a technique of surface treatment of ceramics to erase damages or flaws caused by pollutive material during the original process of baking the ceramic material in a kiln. Grains of dust, sand or whatever material may have settled on the surface of a raw piece of ceramics will be burnt in the kiln as well, leaving burn marks, flaws or damages which I called 'fire damages' in my suggestion (and which might be not too acurate in this context). To erase or polish these burn marks, heat will be applied to the material again (either by punctual application or in the kiln again). Thus the flaws or damages occurred during the first process of baking will be reburned (or smooth-burned or burnt-off as I put it in my previous post).

Another attempt to translate the first sentence more precisely:

Reburning of burn marks/flaws/damages on ceramics/ceramic surfaces

Hope I could help a bit

Jana337

čeština
    Martizia said:
    Ralf, danke schoen fuer die Hilfe. Sie haben Du hast mir sehr gut geholfen. Danke schoen fuer Ihre deine Zeit und Aufmerksamkeit. Ich bin mit dem zweiten Satz ganz einverstanden. Aber der erste ehrlich gesagt ist nicht so klar.

Aber Danke schoen!
    besten Gruessen beste Grüße!
    Martizia, your German has been improving steadily - keep up good work. :thumbsup:
    As explained several times, we avoid the formal way (Sie) of addressing people in this forum. Of course, if you feel better using it, we won't urge you to use "du".

Jana

Martizia

Russland, Russisch
    Jana337 said:
    Martizia, your German has been improving steadily - keep up good work. :thumbsup:
    As explained several times, we avoid the formal way (Sie) of addressing people in this forum. Of course, if you feel better using it, we won't urge you to use "du".

Jana
    Oh! Danke schoen! Ich befleissige mich. ;)

Martizia

Russland, Russisch
    Ralf said:
    Dobroje utro, Martizia,

Another attempt to translate the first sentence more precisely:

Reburning of burn marks/flaws/damages on ceramics/ceramic surfaces

Hope I could help a bit
    Lieber Ralf, danke schoen. Deine Erklaerung ist aufmerksam. Danke schoen fuer alles.

Jana337

čeština
    Martizia said:
    Lieber Ralf, danke schoen. Deine Erklaerung ist aufmerksam. Danke schoen fuer alles.
    Eine Erklärung kann sicherlich nicht aufmerksam sein. Das geht nur für Menschen.

Ich habe ihm aufmerksam zugehört. Ich habe aufgepasst, was er sagt. Ich habe mich auf seine Worte konzentrieren.

Jana

Martizia

Russland, Russisch
    Jana337 said:
    Eine Erklärung kann sicherlich nicht aufmerksam sein. Das geht nur für Menschen.

Ich habe ihm aufmerksam zugehört. Ich habe aufgepasst, was er sagt. Ich habe mich auf seine Worte konzentrieren.

Jana
    yaa! das stimmt, ich moechte aufgezeichnet sagen!

gaer

US-English
    Ralf said:
    Dobroje utro, Martizia,

Here is a slight modification for your second sentence:
    Ralf,

I know nothing about this whole subject. I've never seen the word "bronces". Is that about things made of bronze? Bronze statues? Artwork made of bronze?

There is the word "bronze", which is new to me. It means an artifact of sculpture of bronze. So you I guess you could use "bronzes".
    Restaurierung von Bronzen unter Berücksichtigung (ja!) sekundaerer Beschaedigungen

Restoration of bronces in respect with secondary damages
    I have never seen or heard "in respect with", although I found hits. I have only seen and heard "with respect to".

So I guess you could write:

"Restoration of bronzes with respect to secondary flaws."

The problem is that "unter Berücksichtigung" is given several translations in LEO, and none of them sounds completely smooth. I like your idea best, at the moment, but I would switch those two prepositions.

I would like input from other English speakers. There may be a way to make this smoother. In fact, I would have NO idea about anything here if you had not explained the whole process, which was very well done, Ralf…

Gaer

Ralf

German
    gaer said:
    ... I've never seen the word "bronces". Is that about things made of bronze? Bronze statues? Artwork made of bronze?

There is the word "bronze", which is new to me. It means an artifact of sculpture of bronze. So you I guess you could use "bronzes".
    Of course I meant "bronze", but I simply mixed up the German speeling with the English ;). In technical terms bronze is a copper-based alloy of several metals. Among other things it is used to make (cast) sculptures.
    I have never seen or heard "in respect with", although I found hits. I have only seen and heard "with respect to".
    Hm, I was sure I learnt it that way. But my OALD only has an entry for "with respect to"--so I've learnt something wrong and have assumed it to be right for decades. This is the more embarrassing since I think I used "in respect with" at least a hunderd times in conversations and meetings without anybody to obviously find fault with it. Nice colleagues ;)!
    The problem is that "unter Berücksichtigung" is given several translations in LEO, and none of them sounds completely smooth. I like your idea best, at the moment, but I would switch those two prepositions.
    What about "considering/in consideration of" as alternatives?

Ralf

gaer

US-English
    Ralf said:
    Of course I meant "bronze", but I simply mixed up the German spelling with the English ;).
    No problem. :)

In technical terms bronze is a copper-based alloy of several metals. Among other things it is used to make (cast) sculptures.Hm, I was sure I learnt it that way. But my OALD only has an entry for "with respect to"--so I've learnt something wrong and have assumed it to be right for decades.
    [/QUOTE]
    Please don't forget about my "vanilla envelope". I've been wrong my whole life about some words in English.
    This is the more embarrassing since I think I used "in respect with" at least a hunderd times in conversations and meetings without anybody to obviously find fault with it. Nice colleagues ;)!
    First, if they were Germans, they might not have known it was wrong. To be honest, I was not 100% sure. I just knew I would not say it that way. It's not a real obvious mistake (to me), and people tend not to correct small things that do not cause any kind of a communication problem.

I would rewrite one sentence though:

"This is the [even] more embarrassing since I think I used "in respect with" at least a hunderd times in conversations and meetings without anybody obviously finding fault with it."

"Obviously" is not grammatically wrong, but it does not make sense to me.

There is another structure for "more embarrassing", which is "all the more embarrassing". That is 100% correct and a bit more formal (but not too much). :)

Here is one more suggestion:

"This is all the more embarrassing, since I think I used "in respect with" at least a hunderd times in conversations and meetings without anybody pointing out my obvious mistake."

Does that come close to your intended meaning? I would certainly not try to write that in German!
    What about "considering/in consideration of" as alternatives?
    Probably fine, but I prefer it the way you wrote it. :)

Gaer

Ralf

German
    gaer said:
    ... Here is one more suggestion:

"This is all the more embarrassing, since I think I used "in respect with" at least a hunderd times in conversations and meetings without anybody pointing out my obvious mistake."

Does that come close to your intended meaning? I would certainly not try to write that in German!...
    Yes ... and no. The first part reflects exactly what I had in mind. I think I had seen or heard constructions like "all the more ..." before but couldn't think of it in the very moment I tried to write something in this way. Well, in the second part I tried to express something like: "...., ohne dass offenbar (irgend)jemand daran Anstoß genommen hätte." I admit "offenbar" is here a bit confusing und doesn't make sense translated as "obviously". I simply wanted to point out that I had not been aware that (or if)anybody corrected me.

Ralf

< Previous | Next >