Bernarda tries to shift her issues onto her daughters

I cant find anything online to confirm as either correct or incorrect the following sentence, but first, some background:

tomorrow (12th June) I have an essay on Bernarda Alba - amongst other things - as part of my A-level exam.

As such, I have written this sentence using a combination of WR and other grammar websites, but it just doesn't seem right so if anyone can give me the correction (if indeed correction is required) then I would be very grateful.

The sentence:
Bernarda intenta trasladar sus propios asuntos para sus hijas.

Should it be para or a, or something else entirely.

To provide you with some context: I am trying to say that each of the characters in the play have their own worries but Bernarda tries to shift her issues (i.e. the no men rule, uppity prejudices, etc.) onto her daughters.

Por lo tanto, me parece que todos los personajes tengan que llevar su propia cruz pero Bernarda intenta trasladar sus propios asuntos para sus hijas.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• vmag

Spanish - Spain - Catalonia
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

The correct preposition here would be "a".

Por lo tanto, me parece que todos los personajes tienen que llevar su priopia cruz pero Bernarda intenta trasladar sus propios problemas a sus hijas.

There is a way to make a more spanish translation but for a A level this is good enough (I really liked the "cruz" part)

vmag.

Thanks very much for the reply.

This is one of the last sentences which I have on a list, all of which I intend to include in my essay in an attempt to score all the "authenticity" points as it were.

Out of interest, if it's not too much trouble, how would I go about making this more spanish?

vmag

Spanish - Spain - Catalonia
    Por lo tanto, me parece que todos los personajes tienen su propia cruz pero Bernarda intenta llevar sus problemas a sus hijas.

Julvenzor

Español propio (Andalucía, España)
    "That each of the characters in the play have their own worries but Bernarda tries to shift her issues"

Tras intentar encontrar un equilibrio entre literalidad y uso idiomático se me ocurre la siguiente frase:

Todos los personajes en la obra tienen sus propias preocupaciones/angustias/desazones, pero Bernarda antepone las suyas a sus (propias) hijas.

¡Saludos!