berrete (comida alrededor de la boca)

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by mertamen, Jan 27, 2013.

  1. mertamen Member

    Valencia (Spain)
    Spanish- Spain
    Quiero saber cómo se dice en inglés la palabra berrete.
    Berrete es la palabra que tiene la Real Academia de la Lengua para llamar a los restos de comida alrededor de la boca, pero seguro que hay muchas más que son populares aunque no reconocidas.
    ¿Hay algún angloparlante que me diga la palabra, por favor? Gracias.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
  2. Chez Senior Member

    English English
    Sorry, mertamen, we don't have a specific word in English for this. We'd say, 'you've got crumbs on your mouth' or 'you've got food in the corner of your mouth' or other similar phrases, including 'you've got a moustache' (for example, when milk leaves a white mark around your top lip).
  3. Lis48

    Lis48 Senior Member

    York, England
    English - British
    Here it suggests "rust-stains" but I would use that with a dog rather than a human. Are you talking about animals or humans?
  4. mertamen Member

    Valencia (Spain)
    Spanish- Spain
    I'm talking about humans.
    Thank you so much Chez and Lis48.

Share This Page