Besides Mexican Food Sux....

THI

Peru, Spanish
WHAT'S THE MEANING OF THIS..."Besides the Mexican food sux north of here anyway"......?

• eidolon21

USA English
    I think the word you're looking to define is 'sux', which is mispelled (sometimes people do it on purpose) and is really 'sucks'. Synonymous with 'stinks', it means that the Mexican food is not good, not tasty, disgusting, etc. Hope this helps. Did you have a problem with any part of the sentence?

Dudu678

Español (España)
    Interpretando sux como sucks, sería algo como (mala traducción, aviso):

Además, la comina mexicana es un asco al norte de aquí de todas formas.

Tadeo

Español (México)
    This is the way I see it.

sux = sucks
    It's an informal way to write it.

So:
    Besides the Mexican food sucks north of here anyway

Aparte, la comida mexicana apesta al norte de aquí (what a big lie).

Lo que en mi opinión significa, que la comida mexicana que está hecha en el norte no le gusta.

THI

Peru, Spanish
    I Know Sux=sucks....... What I Wanted To Know Is The Meaning Of The Whole Sentece... That Was The Problem....but Now I Get It..and Since I Do...i Agree With The Person Who Said That....

Dudu678

Español (España)
    I Know Sux=sucks....... What I Wanted To Know Is The Meaning Of The Whole Sentece... That Was The Problem....but Now I Get It..and Since I Do...i Agree With The Person Who Said That....
    Por favor, échale un ojo a las reglas del foro, en concreto a la 22. Esto es un foro de idiomas y creo que por lo menos debemos escribir correctamente ;)

Conejillo

English - England / West Coast USA
    I know Sux=sucks....... What I wanted to know was the meaning of the whole sentece... That was the problem....but now I get it..and, since I do,..I agree with the person who said that....
    Thi,

I don't think that the objection is to you using the mis-spelled word "sux", but rather the incorrect capitalization that you used (which I corrected above).

Dudu678

Español (España)
    Está bien que te guste, pero al registrarte en el foro aceptaste unas normas. Te he pasado un enlace para que lo mires, veo que no me has hecho ni caso. Así que cito:

3. Be polite.
    15. Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS or put links or email addresses in the title of the post or thread.
    22. Except as a topic of discussion, chatspeak and SMS style are not acceptable. Members must do their best to write using standard language forms.
    Gracias.

< Previous | Next >