Best wishes - formally

< Previous | Next >

Iola

England - English
Salut,

Je veux dire 'best wishes' a la fin d'un e-mail, mais je n'ai jamais les rencontre. Est-ce que je peux utiliser 'amities' ou est-ce que c'est trop familier?

Merci

• yannalan

france, french, breton
    Vous pouvez mettre "cordialement". "Amitiés", il vaut mieux le réserver à vos amis.

Léa123

French - France
    "amitiés" fait effectivement trop familier. On peut utiliser "Bien amicalement" dans un cadre plus formel.

Tiscandy

England, English
    Hi everyone :)
    I recently did some work experience in France, and want to write a letter to my supervisor. I was in a theatre company and she was the director. I'm just a little stuck on how to sign off the letter- I don't know how formal to be because she was my boss, but we got on really well and chated fairly informally most of the time.
    Would 'amitiés' be suitable, or would I need something more formal?

Merci en avance pour votre aide!

Louise

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:

snarkhunter

French - France
    "Amitiés" seems far too strong if she was primarily your boss. Unless you had very close relationship. Otherwise, for someone whom I'd get on well with, I believe I'd use more something like "Cordialement", which is a rather "neutral-friendly" adverb.

Caravage

French
    "Amicalement" sounds good to me. it's nice to say to your directrice you have friendly thoughts about her despite the fact she was your boss.

< Previous | Next >