Beyond beauty

racngryhnd

USA English
Hi, Could you please tell me if Oltre Bella is the correct spelling for Beyond Beauty or Beyond Beautiful. If not, could you please tell me what is the correct translation of Beyond Beauty in Italian. Thank you.

• Silvia

Italian
    Hi rac,

beyond beauty = oltre la bellezza

beyond beautiful = oltre l'essere bella

oltre bella is not correct

racngryhnd

USA English
    Thank you so much for your help. Could you please tell me if Arabella would be similar in context. I am looking for an italian phrase that represents beauty to name my business.

laurika

Slovakian
    racngryhnd said:
    Thank you so much for your help. Could you please tell me if Arabella would be similar in context. I am looking for an italian phrase that represents beauty to name my business.
    Arabella fits, in my opinion...
    Laurika

DDT

Italy - Italian
    Ehm, Arabella is rare and sounds pretty old-fashioned...
    I'd suggest "Oltre il bello" or "Bellezza e non solo" ("Not only beauty")...
    Hope it helps,

DDT

racngryhnd

USA English
    Sorry for the confusion. I am opening a beauty salon and would like to give it an Italian name. I am trying to incorporate beauty or beautiful in it as well as make it a name easy to say, preferably two words. Thanks for your help and responses. Racngryhnd

Nadietta

Italy/Italian
    ..What does exactly your business deal with? If it's a beautician studio also helping people to lose weight my suggestion is:

1. "Bella e Snella" if the target of your business are female customers only.
    ("Beautiful and Slim"; the meaning may not be very original, but its sound is effective, I think!;
    2) “Belli e Snelli”, if the target are anybody, men and woman, or men only.

amarena

italy, Italian, tuscany
    racngryhnd said:
    Hi, Could you please tell me if Oltre Bella is the correct spelling for Beyond Beauty or Beyond Beautiful. If not, could you please tell me what is the correct translation of Beyond Beauty in Italian. Thank you.
    Oltre la bellezza e' la mgliore opzione secondo me, mentre Oltre il bello e' piu' letterario. Oltre la bellezza is the best option , Oltre il bello is more literary although quite nice

Nadietta

Italy/Italian
    ...The only thing I can think of on hearing "Arabella" is the Italian name for the girlfriend of Donald Duck's cow male friend (who is called "ORAZIO" in Italian!! By the way, what's is name in English? Uncle Scrooge, for example is "Zio Paperone")!!!

...Joking aside, what abou "MISS BELLEZZA"???

DDT

Italy - Italian
    Nadietta said:
    ...The only thing I can think of on hearing "Arabella" is the Italian name for the girlfriend of Donald Duck's cow male friend (who is called "ORAZIO" in Italian!! By the way, what's is name in English? Uncle Scrooge, for example is "Zio Paperone")!!!

...Joking aside, what abou "MISS BELLEZZA"???

That is "Clarabella", not "Arabella", Nadietta! ;)

DDT

walnut

Italy - Italian
    Arabella (also I was confusing it with Clarabella :p ) by my point of view is a name that would fit on a 50's/60's beautiful young woman. It would be fine for a beauty salon if you want to 'blink' to vintage style.

I like 'Bellissima', as DDT suggested. I like the simple 'Bella' too and I like how it sounds when pronounced by anglophones!

My friend Marty here says: in Italy we say 'Bella come il sole' (means: beautiful as the sun); an expression of very warm admiration and could give you the chance of a nice graphic design for your business.

Ciao! :) Walnut